Oh hey there and thanks for stopping by. This post is a brief summary of my holidays and I’ll try to keep it as short as possible. I am glad to say this holiday has been put to great use (somewhat) and it has been quite pleasant.
- I went to a local school gala for a bit before my friend and I planned a last minute shopping day and a great lunch to kick start the holidays. The gala was really festive and I loved the lively atmosphere there! Being able to sit down and enjoy a nice lunch whilst chatting away with my friend was also really nice and definitely a splendid way to start of my holidays, which in hindsight, is probably one of the best and most productive holidays I've had so far.
- I finally got to catch up with an old friend! We went to the City and the Auckland Wintergarden as well as the Auckland Museum. It was wonderful to get back in touch with her and explore new places I had no clue about before. I’ve uploaded a vlog of our day, so click here if you’d like to see it!
- A group of friends and I did a 'Mall Challenge'. We had a list of things we had to complete in groups around the mall in a set amount of time, and it turned out to be really fun! We all enjoyed a little silliness and competition and I thought it was a great way to spice up a casual hang out at the mall.
- My family and I went out this one night. We drove around and made a pit stop at a beach before heading to Central Auckland. It was such a different experience to being out during the day time, and I loved it. It almost seemed to be more alive at night, with the lights all lit up and still a fair amount of people scattered about in the streets. I can’t exactly pinpoint what it was that had made it simply fascinating.
- I have finally pulled myself together and did a fair amount of exercising as well as tried to eat more healthily. I went out for runs with a friend some days and I tried out new recipes. I've had my fair share of lazy days where I'm basically in bed reading the whole day. I like those days just as much as I like days when I'm out of the house.
- I went on a road trip with my family, crossing off the Hobbiton Movie set and the Glow worm caves on our list of places to visit. Overall, I enjoyed the time I got to spend with my family and all the laughter we shared as well as memories made. We weren't allowed our phones in the cave which I thought was really neat and it made me just be there and enjoy the moment, without being attached to my phone, which I thought was quite refreshing.
That's all for this post. Hope everyone had a lovely and enjoyable break from school and for those sitting exams soon, I wish you all the best of luck!
Until next time,
Until next time,